(Jefferson Twp. Ross County)
Located on the southwest side of Routh 35 one-half mile north of its junction with Higby Road. The original cemetery of one acre was donated in the early 1800s by Anthony Rittenour who had settled in Jefferson Townshio in 1799. The earliest tombstones indicated burials began before 1820. Anthony Rittenour died in 1834 and is buried in the graveyard. The Grubb family had large farm holdings in the same area in the mod-1800's, accounting for the early Grubb-Rittenour Name. Later in the nineteenth century, Smiley Caldwell owned over 1000 acres surrounding the cemetery which became known as Caldwell Cemtery, retaining that name to the present time. It is considerably larger than the original one acre and is still in use.
Copied in June 1997 by Bob Casari. The sections of the cemetery are described by their location when entering from US 35 through the single cemetery entrance. Each section was read from the highway side toward the rear of the cemetery, row by row, with the exception of the south section which was read from the rear fence to US 35.