(Jefferson Twp. Ross County)
A 1935 Chillicothe publication, "Ohio Tombstones," Vol. 1, No. 2, p.36, refers to this cemetery as the "Wiseman Cemetery" and described it as abandoned with graves in "deplorable condition, many of them being sunk. Many of the stones are either broken or sunk into the ground." That publication contains a partial listing of the stones. A more complete copy was donated by Ruth Scurlock.
The cemetery is on private property southeast of Richmondale, Ohio, on the top of a hill southeast of the intersection of US 35 and Watson Road. When southbound on US 35 at Richmondale and passing the roadside rest stop, (has been removed) a tall sycamore tree is visible against the sky on the hill straight ahead with a cluster of evergreren trees behind it: the evergreens are in the cemetery.
Althought not regularly maintained by the township, in May 1983 most of the stones were still intact through many were down. The graves are arranged in irreagular rows running approximately north-south. Row-1 is the west row against the fence and the other seven rows lie eastly across the cemetery. Each row has been read from north to south. A separate cluster of stones, not in the rows, is in southwest corner of the cemetery. There are many field stones with no inscription, The cemetery was copied in May 1983 by Bob Casari. Revised in November 1996. Information from stoners which no longer exist, taken from earlier inventrories in the files of the society, have been added.
Find A Grave has it listed as Stockman Cemetery.
he cemetery is located about 900 feet south of US 35 about 0.3 miles east of its interchange with Vigo Road (Township Road 207).
The cemetery is located in Jefferson Township, Ross County, Ohio, and is # 10496 (Richmondale Hill Cemetery / Wiseman Cemetery / Stockman Cemetery) in “Ohio Cemeteries 1803-2003”, compiled by the Ohio Genealogical Society.
The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) feature ID for the cemetery is 1046705 (Stockman Cemetery / Richmondale Hill Cemetery / Wiseman Cemetery).